- In keeping with the simplicity of our VISION, the CHEH Steering Committee is seeking volunteers to accomplish the established goals. Please pray first and then consider how you may use your gifts and serve our membership this year.
CHEH 2017-18 application form: CHEH application 2017-18
- Fill out completely and sign
- Mail payment
- Include family photo (casual snapshot is welcome)
Mail in prior to September 1st to avoid late fee
- Remember ~ Enrollment Certificates with your School District Attendance Officer are due by September 15th.
- Renew your CHEH membership by September 1st to avoid the $10 late fee – this is so we can get the roster done soon!
- New Guidelines and Membership Roster will be in the mail soon after photos are received!! Make sure your family is included!
- NOTE GRADUATION FEE: If you have been a member of CHEH for at least three years prior to your child’s senior year, you are only obligated to pay the $30/yr membership fee ($40 if late). If you are joining CHEH for the first time and you have a child who will participate in the graduation ceremony, there is an ADDITIONAL $100 fee. As stated, this senior-year-only registration of $100 is in addition to the $30/yr membership fee. Your application for membership must be received by September 1 in order for your child to qualify for graduation with CHEH. (see guidelines Section 9-G below for further details)
- Guidelines Section 9-G:Prospective graduates and their parents are required to have been active CHEH members for at least the three years leading up to and including the prospective graduate’s senior year. (Active means participating in CHEH functions such as family/parent events, field trips, and youth loop events. Whether a family and prospective graduate is active or not is determined solely by the application/graduation committee. Participation in approximately one half of CHEH family/parent events and one half of the CHEH Youth Loop events will be used by the application/graduation committee as a ‘rule of thumb’ to make this determination.)Any family that was not home schooling for those three years mentioned, but begins home schooling during the student’s junior year, may petition the application/graduation committee for membership and graduation participation no later than September 1 of the student’s junior year. That family will need letters of recommendation from two current active CHEH member families before the committee will consider the application and consider participation in graduation. If approved for membership and graduation, that family would be required to pay upfront by September 1 of the senior year, a $100 nonrefundable fee. This new prospective graduate will need to adhere to the same “active” status requirement as mentioned above.Any family moving into the Hattiesburg area during the student’s junior or senior year will need to provide two letters of recommendation from their previous homeschool support group – one letter being from the chairman of that group and the other letter being from another member of that homeschool support group or their pastor. After the recommendation letters have been received, the application will be considered. If approved, this new prospective graduate will need to adhere to the same “active” status requirement as mention above. The graduate and at least one parent are expected to attend all graduation planning meetings to the fullest extent possible.
Membership in CHEH – (abbreviated from Guidelines)
Christian parents who are currently educating their children at home qualify for membership. The completed application with the father’s signature on the Statement of Faith must be approved by the Sub-Committee. Exceptions will be considered regarding single mothers.
NOTE: It’s the responsibility of each member family to work out the education of their own children. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and a qualification for membership and/or representation by the Home School Legal Defense Association that parents teach at least 51% of the curriculum.
Annual dues are required. ($30). Scholarships are available for families with financial hardships. Call chairman for details. *Dues are to be PAID PRIOR TO JUNE 1st of the school year. *In order for a family to participate in scheduled CHEH activities, membership dues must be current. A membership roster, bimonthly newsletter, and web site, etc. are benefits of membership.
If you would like to print and fill out the CHEH application, see above link. You may do so and mail them along with your check for membership to CHEH.
VISIT THE LEGAL PAGE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION